Sunday, January 3, 2016

I don't really know where to start & how to go about sharing a weeks worth of adventures in the most perfect place ever so I guess I will just start from the beginning & share the highlights along with pics obvi. New York was just the best place EVER! Seriously. I loved it. Everything about it was perfect. The city life, the hot dogs (omg the hotdogs!), the subway, the people, the food (such good asian food & the whole foods there was just amazing), the crowds (times square over Christmas & New Years lol duh), everything! It was better than I expected which makes me v happy! We did all of the touristy things along with all of the other tourists, so many dang people, so much fun. So here we go. 
Day 1: We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge & ate at Grimaldi's, (a famous pizza place but wasn't the best in my opinion) we got shakes from Shake Shack & then waited in line for like ten years.

Day 2: We walked through Central Park (huge) & went to the museum of natural history. It was so exhausting, apparently I'm not a "museum girl" but after we left I got my first street hot dog & died. So good & probably the best 5 bucks my parents ever spent, lol. We went to Whole Foods for dinner & their salad bar was to die for, I literally died. DEAD. Oh my gosh why am I the way I am sometimes. smh. 

Day 3: We visited the ground zero memorial which was quite remarkable, got Starbucks hot cocoa (not good), went to wall street, took a ferry ride to see the statue of liberty, & had Korean food for dinner (the best, if you are ever in nyc go to Mandoo bar on 32nd street) 

Day 4: We thought we were supposed to go to Wicked this day but got there & our tickets were for the next day lol so WE WENT SHOPPING! I think we shopped like all day. We walked all around times square & spent way too many hours in Urban Outfitters, H&M, Zara, etc. I had the most success at Zara. I always thought Zara was super expensive but it was actually reasonably priced & they had super cute stuff! Then we walked to Rockafeller & spent a good 30 minutes watching the ice skaters & trying to catch random people falling on snapchat. It was so entertaining. After being starved all day we went to dinner at Pho 32 & Shabu, also on 32nd street, so hit that up because this was my favorite meal we had in New York. Maybe it was just because I was so hungry but actually no it was just strait up the bomb. We shared an appetizer of lettuce wraps & I ordered a vegetable pho soup. OMG I'M DROOLING. 


Day 5: I guess I didn't take any decent photos this day so here is a photo from a previous day of a few of us enjoying our hot dogs. We got an earlier start & went to the museum of modern art which was a lot more exciting than the other museum we went to. This one I actually enjoyed, okay I enjoyed the other one too it just was probably my least favorite thing we did... lol okay. Then we went to Wicked & omg AMAZING! I cried. (I got a lot of things from my mom & my emotions are one of them, I am seriously so emotional I love it & hate it) It really was so good though. After the show we ate at The Counter. A random burger joint that we saw at times square & I was like that looks good so we ate there, & it was good!

Day 6: NEW YEARS EVE! This was our last day so we just wanted to hit up all of the last few things & places that we had on our list (inside our heads) to do but hadn't yet. So we started off the day by taking the L train (above ground subway) to Grand Central Station. Yes, we spotted Serena Vanderwoodsen (for mah gossip girl ppl) lol cuz I've only seen like 5 episodes but my sisters were obsessed so I felt like I needed to do a little Gossip Girl shout out right here. Anyway, then we went to Union Square which was probably my favorite area (looks wise) we visited cuz it was so beautiful & Europe (Italy) like, with the cutest little shops. No, I have never been to Europe but I can imagine. Then we walked (lots of walking) to Washington Square park & got some cool photos in front of the cool arch pictured above. Then we went to see the flat iron building which was super awesome & looked super cool in pics & vids but sadly I don't know how to post vids so sorry, oh & we got hot dogs again while there. Then we visited the lds temple & whole foods again for like two seconds & then got Sushi at Sushi Damo, so freaking yum. Then we spent 20 bucks on 2016 glasses & aimlessly wandered around times square until midnight. Honestly, it came so slow & at 12:02 we rushed to the Subway to get home before the subways were packed. It was a great day. HAPPY NEW YEARS ya'll! NYC was bomb & to sum it all up...
ps. sorry about the chaos & terrible writing of this post, I just don't really care rn. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment