Saturday, December 12, 2015

The-True-&-Beautiful-Papaya-Salad

Sometimes I randomly think back to funny memories in my life & I think "Man, I never wanna forget that cuz THAT WAS FUNNY!" Well, this is my way of never forgetting them. These memories probably (most likely) won't be very funny to anyone but myself (& some select few) *cough cough* My sister, Alyssa Lamb. Speaking of Alyssa Lamb... check it, http://alyssarobyn.blogspot.com/ !

Funny happenings #1:


I went camping with my sister Alyssa, her husband Jer, & some of their friends. We were all sitting around the campfire talking & telling stories, you know the usual. Anyway, somebody said something kiiiiiinda funny (can't remember what it was now cuz like I said, not very funny) & we were all giggling, but out of the corner of my eye I see Jer wide mouth & I mean super wide mouth, bouncing his head (& like whole upper body) up & down. I make eye contact with Alyssa & we both bust out laughing for like 10 minutes because we both thought he was hysterically laughing at whatever was said but he was just yawning. Goodness Jer, control yourself! (reenact it on your own, it's a million times funnier) I seriously laugh every time I do it.  


I was driving back from Idaho with a friend and out of the blue a pheasant flew in front of our car & shattered our windshield. No, that's not the funny part. (even though it was kinda funny) But the real funny part is that every time we told the story after for some reason we would always forget the name of the bird & accidentally say peasant instead of pheasant. Now imagine the same story but replaced with a peasant. Crying. LOL. Google definition of a peasant, "a poor farmer of low social status who owns or rents a small piece of land for cultivation" It changes the story quite a bit.

It was one of my last few days in Thailand & one of the villages that we were working with offered to feed us lunch before we left to America. She made us papaya salad, which is one of my all time favorite Thai dishes so I was pumped! We all were. We sat down to eat & quickly realized that this was not the yummy papaya salad we know of. You guys, IT WAS NOT GOOD. It wasn't just the insane spiciness of it but the fishiness that made it so impossible to swallow. Pretty sure she "accidentally" dumped the whole bottle of fish sauce on there. We didn't want to be rude & not eat it so we suffered through. The only way to get it down was if you had a peanut & tomato in every bite. Seriously. It was the ONLY WAY. We eventually ran out of peanuts so we asked for more & just piled them on! It was the WORST but funniest meal thus far in my life. I was so so grateful for it nonetheless:)  & this is a pic of my friends attempting to eat it. Let's just say I ate papaya salad multiple times after that before heading home just to remind myself that it REALLY is good cuz I didn't want it to be ruined for me. Don't worry, it's not. I love it more than ever!


My little sister changed the settings on my moms phone so that every time she typed "hey" it would auto correct to "nugget." lol. Poor mom.


When I was helping my sister (Amy) with a math problem & I was like, "K. Let's break it down." lol so we broke it down. Literally. 

Alright, that's all i've got. 

Love, Moe

1 comment: