Friday, January 18, 2019

Sometimes, well like all the time, I find myself looking at my life and trying to figure out how I got here. In a good way, but also in a WHAT IN THE WORLD way. 

I catch myself staring at a map probably once a month trying to let it sink in that I live literally at one of the lowest points in the U.S. Then I get on "Find My Friends" and scroll back and forth between Utah and Texas looking at the distance between the two, and now San Fransisco as well because I have a sister that just moved there. It never sinks in, actually. 

I think life honestly just happens and the way you imagine it is never the way it is. Before I moved here I thought everyone would be wearing cowboy hats and living on ranches. I couldn't be more wrong. I'm sure there are areas like that (cause Texas is huge) but it's honestly just another city. A super cool one too. I freaking love San Antonio. Also, every once in a while I will see a familiar car and for a split second i'll think, "Oh, there's my mom!" wait, nope. 

Moving on...

"Life does not happen to you, it happens for you" 

Living a life with this mindset sounds nice. I wouldn't know, but I am going to try to be more mindful of it. I think this would help me not only understand why certain things happen, but also to enjoy it. It would be a lot easier to live a life knowing that the good, the bad, and everything in between is working for you and leading you to where you are supposed to be. It's all about perspective. 

I believe every little thing happens at the exact moment it's supposed to. Which makes making decisions super difficult for me. How am I supposed to decide between two different things that could create two totally different situations and outcomes. UGH. That's for another blog post though. Back to the point, i'm committing myself to stop fighting life and to let go of the things I can't control. BOOM. Thank you, next. 

"Replace expectation with appreciation"

Oooh buddy. This is a good one. Probably my favorite one. I interpret this one in two different ways. The first way, getting rid of expectations of other people so that you're not left disappointed, rather appreciative of what they've done. I understand circumstances where you can set a certain expectation on someone, but i'm talking about the expectations you set on someone for how YOU think it should be. There is more than one way to skin a cat, BTW. I can work on this one BIG TIME. Okay, the second way I interpret this is, being unappreciative of the luxuries of life. Having something like totally amazing and being unappreciative of it when it lets you down. The best way to explain this is the classic airplane wifi analogy. Imagine you are flying on an airplane and you pay for the wifi and it suddenly stops working or is slow smh. You get all upset and throw a fit. You have completely lost appreciation for wifi at all, and the fact that you are flying on a freaking bird through the air to Dubai. Like, don't get your panties in a bunch. GUILTY. 

Alright, that's all I got. I haven't written a blog post in 5ever but I was feeling motivated this morning, especially after listening to the song "People Like Me" by K'NAAN. Don't ask me why. I guess I just realized people like me can blog too and maybe even make a difference in the world, or at least inspire you reading this. Idk. lmk.

Love, Moe

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Inspiring me! I relate to so much of this post. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete